2nd International Workshop on Soft Xray Single order Diffraction Grating Development and Application
The international workshop on soft X-ray single-order diffraction grating technology and application will be held on Oct. 16-20, 2019in Coimbra, Portugal. This workshop will provide a forum for presentation and discussion of the latest technical information and achievements in soft X-ray single-order diffraction grating developments and, especially applications. In conjunction with the workshop,a collaboration meeting will be held.
You are cordially invited to present your possible contributions and ideas on the basis of your recentwork to the below listed workshop topics and to attend the collaboration meeting. Please use the above web-site to submit abstracts as soon as possible, indicating preferenceon oral or poster presentation. The submission-deadline for abstracts is September10th, deadline forregistration as participant is August 30th !.
All conventional X-ray dispersive elements including multilayers, crystals and diffraction gratings provide multi-order diffraction spectra, which bring problems in spectroscopy application especially in the region of from VUV to soft x-ray region. The emergence of the so-called soft x-ray single-order diffraction grating changed such a situation and may bring promised big benefits in lots of fields such as laser plasma diagnostics, x-ray astronomy, synchrotron radiation beam monochromator, laser generated high harmonics and etc.
For this regime, the first purpose to organize such a workshop is to report the progress and the current state of the art of soft X-ray single-order diffraction grating development and its application. Secondly, we hope possible representative scientists in the upper fields may come to introduce their work and discuss if the new dispersive element may bring profit for them, and then, express their possible expectation for such issue. And the third, because the single-order diffraction grating strongly relays on nanofabrication technology, scientists and/or technicians in such field are welcome to introduce their achievements and possible attributions for single-order diffraction grating. Workshop topics include:
- Research & development of soft x-ray single-order diffraction gratings,
- Pattern design and simulation
- Challenges and technologies
- Metrology challenges
- New opportunities of soft X-ray single-order diffraction gratings for spectroscopy and its application
- Novel spectrometer/monochromator with soft x-ray single-order diffraction gratings
- Opportunity & Application in synchrotron radiation
- Opportunity & Application in laser plasma diagnostics
- Opportunity & Application in astronomy
- Opportunity & Application in physics, chemistry, material science, life science, and etc.
- Research & development of advance x-ray optics
- Mirrors & multilayers
- Gratings, zone plates, and etc.
- Table-top X-ray source
- Laser plasma X-ray source
- Electron beam induced X-ray source, & etc.
For further pushing the program of soft X-ray single-order diffraction grating development and its application, a worldwide collaboration is intended to be established. Goals of the collaboration meeting are:
- To discuss future possible roadmap of soft x-ray single-order diffraction grating development
- To discuss future possible roadmap of soft x-ray single-order diffraction grating application
- To establish a platform to organize and perform such issues.
|Laser Fusion Research Center, CAEP
|Science and Technology Laboratory on Plasma Physics
|China Daheng (Group) co., LTD
|Laboratório de Instrumentação e Física Experimental de Partículas
Instituto Confúcio, UC